The lights are turned on and the spectators get up, completing a meddling exercise. Silently, each one tries to return to the present and draw a conclusion about what was seen.
Few will wonder about how many people participated in the idea of the film, how many writers and screenwriters, and who were the culminating moment’s true inventors, where each of the spectators took a leading role.
And the cinema returns to play a prank of analogy and reality. As in the great film productions, there were many screenwriters who wrote this fascinating story where voice and data, together, sought wireless ways to be transmitted.
A history of concatenated events, throughout a century, gave rise to one of the best titles: wireless connection and the propagation of voice and data through the air.
The precursors: Hertz, Bell, Marconi, Dover and Wilmereux
After the impasse with Meucci and the telephone, whose authorship was illegally assumed by Graham Bell, he becomes obsessed with the phenomenon of voice transmission without the need for cables. He would finally conceive in 1880, together with Summer Tainter, the photophone.
This device worked by emitting sound through the emission of light, avoiding the use of cables. This first finding did not have much resonance because electricity and its lines were just beginning to be installed in North America.
Eight years later, in Germany, the physicist Rudolf Hertz discovered radio waves and carried out the first wireless transmission through electromagnetic waves that reached their peak six years later. By 1899, in the light of the new century, Guillermo Marconi achieved a wireless transmission through the English Channel and in the new century, in 1907, Dover and Wilmeeux emitted the first complete messages through radio waves, crossing the Atlantic.
Hedy Lamarr and the Wifi’s precursor orgasm
Between the 40s and 50s, Hollywood cinema was consolidated as the mecca of world cinema and one of its famous talents was the Austrian Hedy Lamarr who, in addition to having one of the famous figures, was the forerunner of Wifi, as well as filming the now historical first orgasm on a film.
H4 Riding on the Waves: Wireless Connection
It was already 1971 when, under the leadership of Noman Abransom in Hawaii, they came up with the first data packet switching system using a radio network. It was Aloha, a network made up of more than 7 computers that communicated with each other, without the need for cables. After this discovery, the warlike advances of the US defense department with Arpanet joined it, using infrared links for data transmission.
The wireless connection consists of communication between the transmitter and receiver without the need to be connected through cables. That is, by means of the modulation of radio waves through the air. In addition to the physical transmitters and receivers we will find antennas, laptops and routers, among others that make the perfect link so that people today can video call each other via WhatsApp or simply make a Direct from a Social Network.
What are Wireless Networks?
A wireless computer network uses two nodes on the network (transmitter-receiver) for the transmission of data packets through electromagnetic waves. One of its great characteristics is its versatility, through which several computers can be connected without the need for expensive cable connections that can vary according to geographical difficulties.
The administration of telecommunications networks is developed and administered through radio wave communications, an implementation that is carried out in the physical or transport layer of the network, according to the OSI model.
A Wireless Networking many properties
- Versatility: they offer a wide variety of uses either for homes or for businesses and large corporations. These technologies conform to standards that describe their functions and regulates them also at the physical and data link layers. These standards allow a kind of signaling, which is sent through some frequencies for domestic service and others for commercial use.
- Performance: the wave standard will vary according to the geographical range, which defines their use according to the objective of the network. According to this performance in wireless networks, a variety of applications will be achieved in the use of voice and video. Depending on the performance of the network, we will find out how it developed from 2G, 3G, 4G, 5G, mobile phone communication standards worldwide.
As networks power and sophisticated methods have evolved, they also do so in both hardware and software, achieving a greater capacity to send and receive data.
- Space: one of the properties that basically defines it, we are talking about its ability to overcome the difficulties of connecting cables due to geographical characteristics, whether due to the existence of mountains, rivers or crossings. The same happens inside homes by not needing to install transmission cables.
Types of wireless networks
The main mission of wireless networks is to connect the user to the internet using electromagnetic waves, radiation and optical means for the connection between a transmitter and a receiver.
Wireless networks, like physical networks, can be classified depending on the size of the networks, we will find them with different scopes and functionalities, let’s get to know each one of them:
- Wpan: Wireless network for personal use, better known by its english acronym “Wireless personal Area Network”. These are networks for personal use whose main characteristic consists of the few amounts of frequency for data transmission. The use of technologies such as zigbee and Bluetooth is very frequent.
- Wman: The Wireless Metropolitan Area Network is designed to connect several buildings using two possibilities:
– LMDA: uses high-frequency links for connectivity, thus overcoming geographical obstacles.
– Wimax: this technology is very similar to WIFi, with greater coverage and bandwidth being achieved through microwaves using fiber optics.
- Wlan: Wireless local network (Wireless Local Area Network) is a network of greater capacity that can connect several users to the Internet, perhaps the case of an office where there are several computers on the network. In this case, the WIFI technology strategy is applied.
Wifi, envisioned by the contributions of Hedy Lamarr in the last century, is a technology that allows the interconnection of computers and networks, through wireless devices between them and the internet.
H5 With Pendulo Software you get the best wireless management
For the proper functioning of your company, it is necessary that you have a powerful Wireless Network in order to offer the best service to your customers and have the best efficiency and effectiveness of the work from your employees.
Currently, Hedy Lamarr’s idea is the wonder that unites us all as a family, as a business and as a company, that is why at Péndulo Software we take care of managing your wireless networks with the best programs and the most up-to-date technology experts.
Don’t fall into the wrong hands. Manage your networks with us, request our advice, and we will gladly attend to your problem, you just have to contact us through our phone number +1-206-741-1041, by email: email@example.com on Instagram: @pendulosoftware or at Twitter: @pendulosoft and we will gladly guide you.